Thursday, April 21, 2011

#13 April Egg Moon and A Celestial Camping Retreat

Happy Easter everyone!  Below is the view of the night sky from Easter Island; amazing!  I believe that I want to see this before I leave the Earth.



A quick check in with the April Full Moon.  The April Full Moon goes by the Full Pink Moon, because of the color of the herb moss phlox, one of the earliest widespread flowers of spring.  The Full Sprouting Grass Moon and the Egg Moon are another two names for the April Moon.  Each of these really capture the spring season, and bring to mind Easter.  Spring grass, pink flowers, and eggs...of course it is April!  

Lately I am kicking around setting up my sleeping bag outside on the balcony, or setting up the dome tent out in the backyard.  I am getting the itch, now that it is warmer at night, to sleep outside under the stars.  Perhaps this weekend I will set up out in the backyard and also set up the telescope.  I still have yet to get a glimpse of M51, the spiral galaxy at the end of the handle of the Big Dipper.  Now that it is sitting further above in the sky, I will attempt this again.

I think also that the time spent outside in nature is truly something that I could enjoy as of late.  I remember last year and the Sundance I participated in.  I enjoyed the quiet sunrise and bird song, and the ancient connection that permeated my spirit as I settled in under the stars.  I enjoyed the flute songs that were created both in twilight and early dawn.  I enjoyed the quiet solitude and clarity of my mind.  Truly there is a magic to merging our unconscious with the infinite universe above us, that we seem to have lost over time to our "warm and cozy" sleep caves and snooze buttons.  I think it is time to backyard camp; anyone with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment